Deliver a winning presentation!
Let me invite you to take a moment to think of the best presentation you have ever experienced. Got one? And now, do you know why you chose the one you did?
Chances are …
• It was interesting because it spoke to YOU. It addressed your needs and interests.
• It was entertaining as well as informative. The time just flew by.
• It was inviting to listen to the stories and jokes.
• The media was attractive and engaging.
• You were touched emotionally.
In this training you will learn how you too can make these lasting, positive impressions on your audience, and more!
What, Why & How
Successful presenters want to
• Capture, keep and lead the attention of their audience
• Send powerful messages to impact the memory of their listeners
• Remain calm; regardless of the situation.
Basically, the presenter is concerned with 2 things –
1. What to say – designing compelling content. Learn to design your content based on a simple story-telling structure, while simultaneously employing modern communication techniques.
Your message is then heard, understood and remembered.
2. How to say it – delivering with dynamic style. Increase your natural influence, leading to a powerful and professional impact on your listeners, by utilizing key strategies and techniques for body language, voice coaching, and audience interaction.
These factors are critical to successfully engaging your audience. Observe how the very best actors, public speakers and politicians command attention. AOC will teach you the advanced skills you need to inspire, engage, persuade, lead, and motivate your listeners.
AOC has developed a successful training program for communication, rhetorical and presenting skills with the benefit of its many years of experience, and through steadfast attention, and employment of the latest scientific research in the fields of communication, human behavior and interaction.
Throughout this training, the AOC team focuses on your presence and personality in front of an audience. We want you to deliver your message smoothly and confidently. Your movements and appearance should become natural, rather than looking like you just learned new skills in a training.
Our motto: Be yourself & more! Acquire these new skills and at the same time learn to use them naturally and convincingly.
Competent use of tools and skills increases your creativity and flexibility; these are the best prerequisites for a successful presentation. Additionally you will learn to structure ideas and content, to optimize the use of media – adding impact to your message, and the ability to maintain your composure regardless of the situation.
• Business professionals
• Private individuals presenting for various occasions
• Experienced presenters who want to polish their skills
• Novice presenters needing these skills, and aspiring to present with confidence.
Duration of the training
Generally between 2 – 5 days. Schedule can vary based on previous knowledge of the participants as well as the topics to be covered.
1.- Setting Goals, Planning and Preparation
- Their world – analyze your audience. What do you need to know about their interests and needs? What do they want to hear from you?
- My world – What do I want them to know? What are my goals?
- Bring both worlds together. ‘Pick them up’ and lead them beyond where they are.
- Develop compelling content that quickly connects with people, from all backgrounds, with specific tools and with professional story-telling techniques
- Design and structure content so that it is clearly understood
- Express thoughts so that they are to the point and positive
- Discover advanced strategies for handling questions, to meet challenging situations, with gravitas and rapport, i.e. Be proactive rather than reactive
- Manage resistance and objections with confidence
- Mental preparation to maintain composure regardless of obstacles or unexpected challenges
- Apply the newest research findings on communication to impact the message
- Use advanced strategies for objection handling, to structure your response constructively and successfully, winning over the most difficult audience members
2.- Delivery - Adding Style
Learn to bring to life everything you say with, personal impact, extra influence, authority and natural presence by:
- Remaining calm and confident regardless of the circumstances
- Establishing contact to the audience nonverbally as well as verbally
- Consciously influencing audience with non-verbals such as eye contact, gestures, pauses and more
- Understanding the psychological effect of one’s body language on the listeners
- Optimizing body language to support ones message (Read more under Non-verbal Communication)
- Using your voice to create suspense and interest (Read more under Non-verbal Communication)
- Using the presentation platform to create variety in delivery
- Being aware of your appearance, i.e. clothing, posture, etc.
3.- Media: It’s More than just PowerPoint
- Beyond PowerPoint slides, what options are available, and how to choose the most suitable for your presentation.
- What are the dos and don’ts, e.g. number of slides, amount of text. How to make it all come alive!
- Tricks and tips for managing slides professionally, (e.g. How to skip from slide to slide without your audience noticing)
- Using your body language professionally. When does the slide speak for itself, when does the presenter move away, or towards the slide, etc.
- Learn to design your media so that it is ‘psycho-logical ‘and therefore impacts your message and the memory of your audience
- Explore other – powerful and creative – possibilities to visualize your message
During the training, we recommend allotting time for each participant to design their own presentation on a topic of their choice, to create their own PowerPoint (or other media), and to present in front of the group.
Video recordings are only made upon specific request of the participant. This personal recording is then sent to the participant along with our feedback if requested. We recommend private coaching and viewing of the video for this feedback session.
4.- You leave this training with
- Effective strategies for remaining calm and confident
- The ability to bring your style to life in a new and compelling way by using professional presentation skills
- More influence and persuasion by using body language and voice skills professionally
- Ability to make everything you say more memorable and engaging by using compelling content which you can apply immediately, with proven results
- An action strategy to put everything into practice for lasting success
- AOC offers personal coaching to ensure you attain immediate benefits, long lasting value and the opportunity to focus on your key goals and special needs.