Do you know these lines?
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Looking for the right words?
You have found them! Here is how you can have the words you want and need at the tip of your tongue when presenting in English.
What, Why & How
In today’s international business world, the ability to present in English is essential.
Success on the world stage can be assured when you master your presentation in English, and learn awareness of the cultural distinctions/peculiarities of English speaking audiences.
After over 25 years of working as presenters in a foreign language (German), AOC has designed powerful techniques which serve to support a non-native speaker in becoming a confident presenter.
AOC teaches you to gain more confidence presenting in English by using a variety of tools and techniques.
Here is an overview:
Acquire more fluency
By training with useful English phrases which can be applied to any presentation.
Use your accent
Learn techniques to use your accent as an asset rather than a hindrance.
Speak with pauses
Learn to use pauses to give yourself time to think before you speak.
Simplify your thoughts
… and speak in concise, clear sentences.
Slow it down
Give yourself time to enunciate clearly.
Use your media
…to support your language needs as well as your message.
Establish and maintain rapport
Use your native language as a bridge between cultures.
Above and beyond these tools specific to non-native speakers, we recommend that you enhance this training by acquiring the basic design and delivery skills.
- Business professionals
- Private individuals presenting for various occasions
- Experienced presenters who want to polish their skills
- Novice presenters needing these skills, and aspiring to present with confidence
Duration of the training
Generally between 2 – 5 days, dependent upon previous knowledge of the participants as well as the topics to be covered, i.e. developing content, delivery, designing PowerPoint or other media.
During this training
• We speak English, and at the same time we offer quick translations and/or explanations in German.
• Video recordings are only made upon specific request from the participant. A personal recording is then sent to this participant along with our feedback if requested. We also can provide personal follow-up coaching sessions to view the video and give feedback.
• We recommend allotting time for each participant to design their own presentation on a topic of their choice, to create their PowerPoint presentation, (or other media), and to present this to the group during the training.
• Click here for more regarding our method of training.