What, Why & How
This AOC training program provides participants with Tips, Tools & Techniques to enhance their individual teaching and training programs. You’ll experience increased motivation, inspiration, and enjoyment in teaching/training while simultaneously winning high retention for your learners.
Exciting 21st century research has led to many new possibilities for course design in order to generate ever better results. Based on the latest ‘brain-friendly’ instructional approaches, these Tips, Tools, & Techniques will make a big difference in your training, enabling you to consistently achieve positive outcomes.
This training is for those who are experienced educators and wish to optimize their training/teaching by adding Tips Tools and Techniques that make their work livelier and more enjoyable for themselves and for their learners.
- All instructors
- Instructors from K – 12
- Language Instructors!
- Instructional designers
- For experienced instructors who have basic skills and would like to optimize their work.
Duration of the training
1 – 2 days, varies according to goals and needs of the participants.
- A wide variety of Tips, Tools, and Techniques which
- add liveliness and enjoyment to your programs
- create the right mental state for learning and teaching
- add creativity to your work
- impact the learning experience so that it has a lasting effect
- motivate learners to want MORE!
- To identify beliefs and aspirations which can support or hamper learning
- How to organize content based on established ‘brain-friendly’ principles
- Learning Styles’ Model from Dunn & Dunn: The different ways people learn (read more here)
- The Power of Discovery, Experimentation and Reflection, including use of
- Activities to involve your learners; introducing, activating, and applying the new learning material.
- Exercises for quiet reflection and relaxation
- ‘Staging’ your learning environment and peripheral space as an enhancement to the learning and retention process
- POP – The Power of the Positive – understanding the ‘carriers’ of positive messages and tips on using them skillfully
- Tips on how to prepare your learners for the learning to come; preparing them mentally, physically and emotionally and thereby maximizing session results
- How to create a connection between the needs of the learners and the materials offered; ‘Frame Learning’, i.e. establishing a context where the value of the program is clearly demonstrated to the learners, building trust, mapping the essential steps to success, and demonstrating how they will be supported throughout the entire process.